Doctor of Philosophy Program in Health Sciences
Thai หลักสูตรปรัชญาดุษฎีบัณฑิต สาขาวิทยาศาสตร์สุขภาพ
English Doctor of Philosophy Program in Health Sciences
Thai ปรัชญาดุษฎีบัณฑิต (วิทยาศาสตร์สุขภาพ)
English Doctor of Philosophy (Health Sciences)
Doctor of Philosophy Program in Health Sciences, Walailak University is an interdisciplinary program that provide advanced study and research training opportunities for a variety area of Health Sciences. This Program is a research-based degree leading to dissertations and publications. The Ph.D. program is constructed to provide students with an understanding of research principles and practices and skills to conduct independent basic and applied research. The students have the potential to collaborate with international research networks in the area of interest.
Desirable Characteristics of the Course
Our course focuses on the research expertise based on dissertations in a wide range areas of health sciences under supervision of professional staffs in variety of health science fields, including nursing, medicine, pharmacy, allied health sciences and public health. In addition, The PhD Couse provides the scientific training to support students’ research dissertations through the seminars and intensive workshops or courses, including conceptual foundations of health sciences, research methodology, ethics of scientific research and scientific communication (in writing, speaking and visual presentation). The graduate in PhD in Health Sciences requires two publications in international academic journals and an oral presentation in an international conference.
Researchers and academic staffs in government and non-government institutes
Tuition fee per trimester 100,000 Thai Baht for Thai student
Tuition fee per trimester 125,000 Thai Baht for International student
|Type 1.1 Ph.D. Program: 3 academic years|
|Required courses: Seminar I-III||6 (non-credits)|
|Type 1.2 MSc./Ph.D. Program: 4 academic years|
|Required courses: Seminar I-VI||12 (non-credits)|
1. Applicants from a country where English is not the first language must enclose English proficiency test result. The result must not be more than two years. The following English proficiency tests are accepted for graduate admission, and a minimum score should be as follows: TOEFL (Paper Based) 500 or TOEFL (Computer Based) 173 or TOEFL (Internet Based) 61 or IELTS (Academic Module) 6.0.
2. Choose and make contact with your potential supervisor (see the list and their CV attached below)
3. The academic qualifications/transcript
4. Prepare a short research proposal/ statement of purpose essay on your proposed topic.
5. A copy of your passport.
Walailak University has agreed to award the Tuition Fee Waiver: approximately 7,900 USD (270,000 THB) each year for Thai students and 10,000 USD (345,000 THB) each year for the international students. Successful candidates are responsible for accommodation, transportation and living expenses.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for a Ph.D. program, please email us the following documents through email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. All received applications will be assessed and ranked against the eligible criteria for the available quota by the University committee.
2. Outcome will be circulated after the selection process is finalized.
1. Two published papers, or at least accepted for publishing, in international scientific journals.
2. The thesis work or its part must be presented at a national or international academic conference (or symposium).