Doctor of Philosophy in Agriculture
Full name : Doctor of Philosophy (Agriculture)
Initials name : Ph.D. (Agriculture)
The Doctor of Philosophy Program in Agriculture (International Program) at Walailak University is cooperation among plant science, animal science and fisheries science. It offers a wide range of areas of specialization in science and technology. This is mainly a non-course work or research-based Ph.D. program following the “European Model”. Self-study, investigation and research in various current topics in agricultural science with appropriate principles and research methodologies will be conducted under the supervision of the thesis advisory committee.
The main objective of the program is to produce and train highly-skilled researchers in the field of agricultural science and technology with an ability to conduct in-depth research. The Ph.D. in Agriculture Program offers an excellence opportunity for students who wish to pursue advanced studies in agricultural science in close cooperation with the local and international agencies. It is ideal for Thai and international students who are interested in oversea studies and cross cultural learning.
3 academic years for Type 1.1 and 4 academic years for Type 1.2
PROGRAM OF STUDY
Thesis presentation and report will be performed in English under curriculum type 1.1 and 1.2 formats
|Type 1.1 Ph.D. Program: 3 academic years
|Required courses: Seminar I-III
|Type 1.2 MSc./Ph.D. Program: 4 academic years
|Required courses: Seminar I-VI
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS (ELIGIBLE CRITERIA)
1. Applicants must meet the qualification as specified in each program as follows.
Type 1.1: Holding a Master Degree in Agriculture or equivalent in the related programs, having GPA of at least 3.50 from the maximum of 4.00 or published at least one scientific paper in the journals accepting by the Office of the Higher Education Commission of Thailand or other eligible experiences approving upon the consent of the curriculum administrative committee.
Type 1.2: Holding a Bachelor Degree in Agriculture or equivalent in the related programs, and having GPA of at least 3.50 from the maximum of 4.00 or a published at least one scientific paper in the journals accepting by the Office of the Higher Education Commission of Thailand or other eligible experiences approving upon the consent of the curriculum administrative committee.
1. Applicants from a country where English is not the first language must enclose English proficiency test result. The result must not be more than two years. The following English proficiency tests are accepted for graduate admission, and a minimum score should be as follows: TOEFL (Paper Based) 500 or TOEFL (Computer Based) 173 or TOEFL (Internet Based) 61 or IELTS (Academic Module) 6.0.
2. Choose and make contact with your potential supervisor (see the list and their CV attached below)
3. The academic qualifications/transcript
4. Prepare a short research proposal/ statement of purpose essay on your proposed topic.
5. A copy of your passport.
Walailak University has agreed to award the Tuition Fee Waiver: approximately 7,900 USD (270,000 THB) each year for Thai students and 10,000 USD (345,000 THB) each year for the international students. Successful candidates are responsible for accommodation, transportation and living expenses.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for a Ph.D. program, please email us the following documents through email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. All received applications will be assessed and ranked against the eligible criteria for the available quota by the University committee.
2. Outcome will be circulated after the selection process is finalized.
1. Two published papers, or at least accepted for publishing, in international scientific journals.
2. The thesis work or its part must be presented at a national or international academic conference (or symposium).